Wednesday, May 3, 2017

05/04/2017z
I have taken a little break from radio the last couple days.  It feels good to take a little break.  I always enjoy making QSO's and look forward to talking to someone after awhile.  
Tonight I had the pleasure of meeting Mike/AA4MC in South Boston, VA. Mike told me I was 569 when he answered me but after the first exchange I fell to 339.  However, he said the noise reduction in the IC7300 is very good and he had me solid.  On my end we have storms moving in which made the noise level high.  QSB was working against his signal and two other stations were calling CQ in my bandpass.  I struggled.  The IC7300 must be a great radio.  I have been hearing a lot of them lately on the air.  I would look seriously at one if I were in the market for a new radio at that level.  

South Boston, VA is where the "Crossing of the Dan" took place which is the turning point of the Revolutionary war.  General Greene was able to split his army and distract the British while his main body crossed the river.  This maneuver was advantageous for much needed rest and reinforcements which let to the British to finally leave the Carolinas and move into VA.  It would be worth a trip to visit South Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment