Wednesday, June 28, 2017

06/29/2017
Wow, it’s been a month since I last wrote!  I have no new states in that month.  I haven’t been QSOing every day either.  I started using my Elecraft K2 again.  What an amazing difference between a SW+ and a K2.  I certainly appreciate the the functions of the K2!  

I have been turning the K2 down to 2 watts or less to continue to see how such low power performs over the air.  I also did some contesting.  I made it thought the Indiana QSO party.  I also had local guests over to operate QRP Field Day.  KB9BVN, W9ODX, N9SE, and KA9ZYL.  We had a wonderful time.

Yesterday my 2 watt QSO with the K2 was to Matthews, NC.  It is a suburban town of Charlotte.  There isn’t much to say about Matthews.  I met Sam there K4DGJ and he was using a Yaesu radio at 100 watts to a 3 element Yagi.  We met on 20 meters.  I was sitting in the back yard.  The band seemed to be holding but I had to leave to play cello duets with a friend.  


I tried a few times to make a QSO today.  I got a reply to my call but it was met with the reply “Heavy QSB, SRI, NO COPY.”  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment