Monday, July 24, 2017

07/22/2017
At 0053z today I talked with Rick KC4KNN in Weaverville, NC.  It has been a little bit since I was last on the air.  The SW+ was a lot of fun to use again.  My MFJ Cub project has hit a snag.  I was not able to get it to receive any stations or hear it with another radio.  It does have power out and I can hear some digital noise as well as background noise so it must be a tuning issue.  I worked on it for a couple days and then called MFJ.  They tried to help but then finally recommended I just mail it to them for inspection.  So I am waiting and without the new radio for a while.  I sure hope it works when I get it back and it is a good trail radio.  

Anyway, Weaverville, NC looks like a nice little town.  It is in the Blue Ridge mountains.  They have a bed and breakfast and some industry.  There is a school and it is known for it’s beautiful scenery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment