Sunday, February 26, 2017

Today I got on the air around 1:00pm. The NC QSO Party is going on.  That is great because there are enough stations to get a QSO but not so many that it's hard to distinguish one station from another.  Well.... unless your are using a S20R as a receiver.  I tried copying a single station, lining up the SW+ with the dummy load and then calling.  I wasn't having much lunch there so I finally put in the headphones to the SW+ and easily got N3CZ, 599/BUN on 7.033.


 I then figured with the daily QSO secured I would work on the S20R some more.  I tuned around and heard some QSO's up higher than the NC operators.  I singled out a weak but copyable station.  Lined up the SW+ and used my straight key.  He came right back with a 559 report.  WA4VCT, Tom in Blountville, TN.  I sent Tom 569 and he seemed to copy me but then others were tuning up and QSO's started also covering Tom.  Signals move around on the S20R so I constantly have my hand on the fine tune to keep them in my receiver the best I can.  I couldn't copy much so I had to end it.  When I looked Tom up I see he is a QRPer and MFJ fan.  I sent Tom a picture of my set up and explained why I am using what I am.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment