Sunday, February 26, 2017

Today's QSO came within the first minute of 0000z.  KM5PS was calling on 7.045.  John lives in Harrison, AR and running his Elecraft K3 at 40 watts to a yagi up 80 feet.  What a station.  AR is not always the easiest state to get and KB9BVN does not yet have it.  I will need to get my states listed soon so I know what I still need.  My main focus has been to log a QSO every day with 1.5 watts.  Since Brian started our friendly WAS competition it has increase the fun to see where my signal will land.
John sent 549 as my RST and his was a good 599.  John said he worked on his station this weekend.  He found problems while working the ARRL DX contest.  It sounded like a loose connection.  Then as we ended the QSO he turned his power way down.  WOW what a difference.  He was just barely above the noise.  I am positive that is how I sound to many stations and makes me appreciate those that dig me out and get me in the log.

No comments:

Post a Comment