Thursday, April 6, 2017

04/06/2017z
Tonight was very late night getting home.  Almost 2330 was the local time.  I went to listen to a cello recital.  This recital was special because it was performed by my cello instructor.  This was his Doctorate recital at Ball State University in Muncie, IN.  I have been taking lessons from him for about 3 years.  The music was fantastic!  Three hours in the car though was a bit much.

I figured when I got home I would see if I could get my QSO in.  There were lots of signals calling CWT.  A contest?  Sure enough it is a contest.  So I called a couple stations with no luck.  One was a 6 call.  CA would be great for WAS!  Nope, but then I easily found the town of Burnet, TX.  N5AW/Marv.  The exchange was his name and CWT number.(CW Operators Club).  I don't have a CWT number so my exchange was my name and state.  here I am in Burnet, TX.  According to Wikipedia Burnet was established because of a company of Texas Rangers establishing a station there in the year 1847 to protect frontier settlers from Native American raids.  The town took off from there and the Austin and Northwestern Railroad went though in 1882.  Not much else to say, but the Highland Lakes are found there along with an air museum  and Longhorn Cavern.  

No comments:

Post a Comment