Monday, April 17, 2017

04/17/2017z
Tonight's SW+ first QSO was with K4JJW/Dick in New Bern, NC.  New Bern is a very interesting place.  It is the birth place of Pepsi Cola.  It is also very historical.  It happens to be the first permanent capitol of NC.  Tyron Palace and garden center is an attraction.  This is the first governor mansion of NC.  It was built in 1770 and George Washington is said to have visited.  Unfortunately it burned in 1798 and was rebuilt in 1959.  I think New Bern would be a super place to visit.  My QSO was very short.  Dick said the band conditions were poor and politely said his good bye's.  

Next was the Flying Pig's Run For The Bacon sprint!  I made 6 QSO's!  Last month I only made 4 so I'm on the upswing!  The SW+ got OH, MN, NH, PA, & VA.  It looked pretty strong on the Reverse Beacon net.

No comments:

Post a Comment