Sunday, April 16, 2017

04/16/2017z
Today's start has taken off with QSO's already.  There are several contests going on the Easter weekend.  I made a couple QSO's in the Manchester Mineira contest.  To NY & MN.  Both are states already in my log.  I also made just one QSO in the MI QSO party.  Now MI I need!!!  That makes 32 states.  It was with the Secret Beach Radio Club in Glenn Arbor, MI.  Now this is a true vacation place.  The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is there.  It is also home to Art's Tavern.  Art's gets good reviews and looks like a super fun place to visit if you find yourself in Glenn Arbor.  They also have Art galleries and Music festivals.  This is one of those places I need to keep in mind for a vacation destination.  I am no vacation right now, but I have no travel plans so I will have to continue to travel via RF and start planning my next vacation destination.  

Later I listened on 20 meters with my Elecraft K2.  I turned the power down to 1.5 watts and answered MM0LID/Scotland & VA2WA/QC Canada.  It sure felt great to hop the pond at 1.5 watts even with it being a contest.  MM0LID must have a terrific station!!

No comments:

Post a Comment