Friday, April 7, 2017

04/07/2017z
Today I'm out of the South and landed at Aurora, OH.  I met Jack/K8HGX.  Aurora seems like just a nice clean town.  Sea World had a location nearby.  There is a great golf course and Tinkers Creek State Park.  

I thought today about the daily QSO's.  I am interested in my WAS challenge but I can't make my signal move an any particular direction without a different antenna so I need to be patient.  I could try making a more directional antenna.  Right now I have a dipole and a vertical.  So I'm pretty much at the mercy of where propagation takes me.  I'm sure I follow grey line west and that is why I have gotten some of the western states I have gotten.  However, my thoughts are about how to keep the daily QSO going.  Each day having the ability to have the antenna and radio set up for a QSO seems difficult.  Most days it is just setting a little time aside.  However, to do things away from home for the weekend would mean always taking the radio with me and a effective antenna.  I have a weekend trip planned in May in Ohio to ride bicycles.  When will I take time to set up and operate a little?  What location will work?  I will be on vacation in a couple weeks.  Backpacking makes it easy to set up.  I'm in the woods alone.  However, what if I want to spend more than 24 hours in a urban place and stay in a motel or something.  Then how will I do it?  One day at a time.  I find it interesting how guys can go years making daily QSO's. How did life never get in the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment