Thursday, April 13, 2017

04/14/2017z
This has been a great start of the "Zulu" day.  After work I met up at a local McDonald's with a new general class licensed ham, Mike Andrus/W9ODX.  Mike follows Brian KB9BVN's and my blog along with some other QRPers.  I am not sure I have ever met a ham so focused on getting into the CW/QRP part of the hobby so quickly.  We talked for almost 3 hours about QRP activities, radios, antennas and other hobbies we are interested in.  So Mike, welcome to the world of QRP.  You are in good company and I am looking forward to spending more time with you on your new adventure.  

Where did W9ILF's RF travel to tonight you ask?  None other than Felton, PA.  I talked to Craig/KB3AII.  Craig said the sky's are clear and the temp is 48 deg.  We are partly cloudy and 64 deg in central IN.  What is in Felton you ask?  Well.... it is a small community with a post office and a fire company.  Wow... I thought Eminence was small town.  I can relate to a place like Felton.  I seem to live 30 minutes from everywhere We also have a post office and volunteer fire department.  We also have a small school (one of the smallest in the state) a gas station and a bank.  However, there isn't much and to make a living you either farm if your family is able or you drive to Indianapolis or close larger town to work.  Very few can support a family in small town U.S.A.  We live here but can't work here.  So if I make it to Felton, PA it will probably be passing through but hopefully I will stop and take a picture.  Thanks for the chat Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment