Saturday, March 4, 2017

03/04/2017
I had three QSO's today.  One was with K4IBZ, Bill in Crestview, FL.  He had a strange tone and I found out why.  He was using a Globe Scout 65 as a transmitter.
That is a old tube transmitter.  I loved hearing it and he had a great signal strength.  It matched up great with his Hallicrafters SX 111.
The other two was with N4LQ, Steve in NC and N3YWQ, Steve in PA.  Then the band seemed to fade.  No new states today, but the daily QSO's continue.
Globe Scout 65
Hallicrafters SX 111
03/05/2017
Today's QSO came early.  0101z.  It was with another Steve.  He lives in South Portland ME.  A new state!!  Steve was using a K3S and sounded very nice here.  I told him about my challenge to WAS using the SW40+ but that I had a Elecraft K2 and KX1.  So we discussed our shared enjoyment of Elecraft and exchanged things about our lives.  This is what QSO's are about in my opinion.  Meeting new people and learning something about them.  Steve finally wished me luck with my WAS using QRP and said 73.




No comments:

Post a Comment