Monday, March 20, 2017

03/20/2017z
Tonight I got my QSO's from the Flying Pigs "RUN FOR THE BACON" sprint.  I made a QSO with PA, MS, FL, and NH.  None were new states.  The band was pretty active.  From 7.036 up through 7.045 it was all digital.  Below 7.030 DX was going on.  That left a fairly narrow  part of the band for the sprint and anyone else trying to make a QSO on the lower part of the band.  In my opinion with that kind of crowding the QRP sprint might have better luck up where the SKCC guys hang out.  7.100 and up.
I gave up after close to an hour.  Then I heard a strong DX station and I answered.  It was PV8ADI. I have worked this station many times lately.  It is cool though to get Brazil in the log with the SW+ 1.5 watts.  That is pretty good DX.

No comments:

Post a Comment