Wednesday, March 15, 2017

03/15/2017z
Last night was the same story as the day before.  I got home too late and there was very little going on 40 meters that could hear me.  I listened for at least 30 minutes and called a few CQing stations but nothing.  It's good to know when it's best to turn it off and wait..... So I went to bed.
This morning I started the heater in the shack and warmed up the SW40+.  Things didn't seem much better than the night before but with the time change the sun still has not risen much before it is time for me to leave for work.  According to KB9BVN's blog the SFI=69, A=3 K=2.  That says 80m-40m in the day is fair and night is good.  I don't really know and need to read more about sun spot activity and solar conditions.  All I know is I hear a lot of complaining about band conditions.
Then, just as I was going to leave the band and hope for a witching hour QSO I heard a weak one calling CQ.  WC7S/Dale in Cheyenne, WY!  Unbelievable he came right back with my RST 579.  I generously replied with a 579 and we chatted awhile about the weather and about ranching/farming.  I can relate to that love.  I grew up on a farm.  I enjoyed the cattle growing up.
WY can be a difficult state to catch so a QSL card is certainly headed that direction from my station!   This will be the only QSO of the day.  Tonight after 0000z is the NAQCC sprint.  A short QRP contest of sorts.  I will be there and hopefully make some good QSO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment