Thursday, March 16, 2017

03/17/17z
It has been a fun radio day.  I got my results in for the NAQCC and have been watching to see when my log would be posted.  It did happen tonight.  I am not a fan of how the NAQCC has split out so many categories from key type, antenna type, and call zone.  I'm not sure there is ever a declared overall winner of the sprint.  It is good for seeing how my station is doing compared to others.  However I have no idea how much power different stations are running.
I got my QSO for the day quickly.  It was a SKCC station.  Just a quick exchange with a station in VA.  I thought of shutting down right away and taking a break for the night.  Instead I tuned around a little and dug VE3SO out of the noise.  I am starting to really enjoy seeing what I can copy.  Peter wanted to exchange SKCC numbers also.  I love hearing the band noise and even the stations surrounding who I want to hear.  They are only close but not right on our frequency.  They have no idea I am listening past them.  They would be "arm chair" copy but I am not interested in them.  The QSO was barely completed.  I looked up VE3SO and it states "NO QSL".  Unfortunate.  I would have enjoyed sending my card to him.
The mail came!  I like how simple this card is.  I appreciate each QSL card that is delivered.


No comments:

Post a Comment